Hart Research Associates is one of the leading research firms in the United States and has been at the cutting edge of change in public opinion since our founding in 1971. During that time, we have conducted more than 8,000 public opinion surveys and 7,500 focus groups and in-depth interviews, talking with more than five million individuals across the United States and beyond.
Our clients include organizations from virtually every major sector of society, including candidates for public office and political parties, labor unions, the nonprofit and policy advocacy sector, business, health and medicine, technology, journalism, law, education, the arts, and major agencies of the federal government. Since 1989, a highlight of our work has been our regular public opinion polling for NBC News and The Wall Street Journal, which we have conducted jointly over the years with Republican partners. These surveys are regarded widely as leading barometers of American opinion.
About the Position
Candidates must submit a well-crafted cover letter in addition to resume in order to be considered.
Hart Research seeks a skilled editor to work on client-facing materials. Responsibilities include reviewing public opinion surveys for content, readability, and programming logic, as well as proofing data tables, proposals, reports, and presentations. This is not a writing position; our editors are tasked with fine-grained review of varied materials and meticulous quality assurance. This position is part of a tight-knit, three-person team and reports to the chief editor; editors work closely with partners, senior analysts, and support staff alike.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent grasp of the English language and grammar
- Keen eye for detail
- Comfort with performing basic math functions
- Fluency in MS Word and PowerPoint
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, as well as ability to multitask and problem solve
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Good aptitude for quick learning (including survey scripting and data tabulation software)
- Unwavering ability to focus in an open-plan office and sometimes high-pressure environment
- Ability to work independently and turn on a dime to handle tight deadlines
- Interest in progressive issues, the political process, and current events a plus