Hart Research seeks a skilled editor for client-facing, data-driven materials. Responsibilities include reviewing public opinion surveys for content, readability, and programming logic, as well as proofing data tables, proposals, reports, and presentations. This is not a writing position; our editors are tasked with fine-grained review of varied materials and meticulous quality assurance. This position is part of a tight-knit, three-person team and reports to the chief editor; editors work closely with partners, senior analysts, and support staff alike.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent grasp of the English language and grammar
- Keen eye for detail
- Comfort with performing basic math functions
- Fluency in MS Word and PowerPoint
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, as well as ability to multitask and problem solve
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Good aptitude for quick learning (including survey scripting and data tabulation software)
- Unwavering ability to focus in an open-plan office and sometimes high-pressure environment
- Ability to work independently and turn on a dime to handle tight deadlines
- Interest in progressive issues, the political process, and current events
E-mail resume and a well-crafted cover letter to Amy Undercoffler, with “Editor position,” followed by the applicant’s full name in the subject line. Only candidates who submit a well-crafted cover letter in addition to resume will be considered.